Thursday, September 15

Happy 100th Roald Dahl


September 13 of this year marked one of my favorite author's 100th birthday, Roald Dahl. He wrote amazing children's books such as James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, Fantastic Mr Fox, The BFG, The Twits, George's Marvellous Medicine and the Magic Finger.

I have watched 2 movies based on some of his children books, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory plus Matilda which is one of my favorite films to date. I can't wait to read the books and compare them with the movies as a homeschool activity this year. Roald Dahl's books are very humorous, adventurous, and are sure to attract a bookworm's attention. His books are also fun. How would you enter a world of fantasy where you could find a five-year old reading a dictionary, A friendly giant, or an army of birds and a couple of monkeys turning a whole room upside-down? Read a book of course! And in this case, Roald Dahl's books are the best books to do it. (Roald Dahl says: "You can write about anything for children as long as you've got humor.")


Mommy got me these 2 titles (I already finished reading The Magic Finger a while ago and currently reading Matilda) and she promised to get me the rest of Roald Dahl's works appropriate for my age, to add to our home library. I can't wait to collect them all! I hope she gets me a copy of BFG before the movie is released.

Again, Happy 100th Birthday Mr. Roald Dahl! Thanks for the wonderful books you wrote for us to enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment